Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Speaking of Spring cleaning...Soap for sculptors.


Anyone who knows me knows that I try to be hyper aware of the ingredients that go into health and beauty items. I checked our "organic" and "all natural" products against the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Database before Olivia was born and ended up tossing almost everything we used. Our bathroom cabinets are now filled with things like baking soda, apple cider vinegar, vitamin e oil, coconut oil and essential oils...I think the only thing that stayed from before was the Dr. Bronner's. There are so many things out there that are awful for you, even in things claiming to be "organic" or "all natural", that I try to take little steps that add up and make a difference. SO, one of the things that was on my mind (one of many things) is what kind of soap we will have at the Philadelphia Sculpture Gym...I know, I know...our doors are not even open yet and I'm worrying about soap...I said it was one of many (many) things! I wanted to find something that would work on sculpture grime and asked Rachel of LuSa Organics if she had something that would work. She recommended the Garden Scrub Soap, which is made of:
Saponified oils of *palm, *coconut, *olive, and *sunflower; shea butter (fair trade), essential oil blend (lavender, peppermint, spearmint, and rosemary), pumice, loofah. (*certified organic ingredient)
I'm ordering a few bars to test out and will report back. Anybody have soap that they swear by?



Image from lusaorganics.com

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 'mechanic's soap' from Volta. It gets all the inky stuff off my hands from a day in the printshop, and just happens to smell like the best chai ever!

    ReplyDelete