Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sandy, Sanding and Small Works

 
 Tuckerton, NJ
Fuck.

 Yes, I know its not polite to curse, but that is how I feel about the past few days. My heart breaks to see my hometown hit so hard by Hurricane Sandy. I've been a nervous wreck for my family and friends. Everyone is safe but has a lot of work ahead of them to make things normal again. Below you can see my parents house (grey one to the left of the huge boat pile). They got about a foot of water inside the house...and their house is 5 feet off the ground on pilings. But again, they are all safe, for which I am extremely thankful.


To keep myself busy and my mind off certain things, I headed to PSG to finish the gallery side of the wall that separates the gallery and classroom spaces.

We put a layer of plywood over the metal studs to make life easier when hanging art.

  
Team PSG in action.
 
  
 Drywall.
 Finished mudding...now for a quick sand (Sidebar, I've gotten pretty good at spackling...and after PSG is open, I hope to never have to spackle again!!)

  
Sanding!

If you want a chance to come check out our new wall and the new art that will be hanging on it, stop by this Friday for Small Works. The opening will run from 6-9pm. 


Serial Bondage 24 by Kennedy James





No comments:

Post a Comment