Wednesday, November 9, 2011

TEDxPhilly

[Note: I tried to post this Wednesday...and Thursday...I haven't been neglecting you...Blogger has just been hatin']


I was invited to go to TEDxPhilly this week and was so excited that I was able to make it. The theme, The City, was covered in various ways by the many (and widely varied) speakers. I was so inspired and highly suggest you watch the footage from the day. (Go to www.tedxphilly.com and click on watch now.) It was too hard to pick a favorite but I do want to suggest watching the clip by Haas & Hahn, 2 men who brought amazing art to favelas in Rio through mural painting. They are currently working on a project in North Philly with the Mural Arts Program and I can't wait to see it!

Image of their second large painting in Vila Cruzeiro in 2008.

Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment